Monday 25 March 2019

ARC REVIEW : Upside Down by N.R. Walker

44292759 



Jordan O’Neill isn’t a fan of labels, considering he has a few. Gay, geek, a librarian, socially awkward, a nervous rambler, an introvert, an outsider. The last thing he needs is one more. But when he realizes adding the label ‘asexual’ might explain a lot, it turns his world upside down.

Hennessy Lang moved to Surry Hills after splitting with his boyfriend. His being asexual had seen the end of a lot of his romances, but he’s determined to stay true to himself. Leaving his North Shore support group behind, he starts his own in Surry Hills, where he meets first-time-attendee Jordan.

A little bewildered and scared, but completely adorable, Hennessy is struck by this guy who’s trying to find where he belongs. Maybe Hennessy can convince Jordan that his world hasn’t been turned upside down at all, but maybe it’s now—for the first time in his life—the right way up.



 REVIEW


  Upside DownUpside Down by N.R. Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I had a giddy feeling every time some authors mentioned that their new character(s) are Ace (asexual).
I had a bad experience once with one book in particular, how in my eyes, the Happy ending relationship was never actually a happy ending for both of MCs.
But this is Nic Walker and I dig in as soon as this book appeared on my kindle. And of course, NR Walker never disappoint me. Like, every time.
Jordan and Hennessy are likeable and adorable two asexual young men that by fate, found each other.
I loved Jordan and his blabbering awkwardness, and his favorite word that make people cringe, lol.

Upside Down is a page turner tale of two young men who's still want to believe that they deserves to be happy in the end, no matter what their preferences in the bedroom, or not.
That there are some people out there who understand them, and can live with that. And they could still be whoever they're wanted to be.

I laugh a lot, I cried, and ooh-ing and aahh-ing, especially when it comes to their dialogues, and the amazing 'soup team'!
And still, there's one thing I need the answer :
"Why people don't call cereal a soup?" Can anybody find the answer? :P

And for those who's looking for sex in this story, don't expect too much. This is about 'two> asexual MCs anyways :)

View all my reviews

9 comments: