Friday 20 January 2017

Poppy's Secret by Andrew Grey

33911481 

A second chance born of love.

Pat Corrigan and Edgerton "Edge" Winters were ready to start a family--or so Pat thought. At the last minute, Edge got cold feet and fled. Pat didn't bother telling him the conception had already gone through and little Emma was on her way. He didn't want a relationship based on obligation. He'd rather raise his daughter on his own.

Nine years later, Emma and her Poppy are doing fine. Edge isn't. He realizes what he threw away by leaving, and he's back to turn his life around and reclaim his family. It'll take a lot to prove to Pat that he's a new man, and even if Edge succeeds, the secret Pat has hidden for years might shatter their dreams all over again.
Poppy's SecretPoppy's Secret by Andrew Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


* 4,5 stars!*

Andrew Grey is one of those hit and miss author for me. I was kinda giddy when I requested this to review, but I didn't disappoint.
This is a really cute story about second chance love. About family and acceptance and forgiveness.
Honestly, I really understood the reason why did Edge bolted out from their dreams to have a family. They're young, very young. Lacking of communication was their biggest problem. If only Edge told Pat the truth and Pat didn't that stubborn.
But what's happened , happened. The kid was born and Pat loving every second of taking care of his little Emma.
But not his love life it seemed.
Until all of a sudden, Edge back and wanted what he had left nine years ago. Selfish much?
Well yeah. But again, he wanted to change, and begging Pat for one more chance.
Pat in my opinion, was too easy forgiving him.
But then, I realized why did Pat easily accepted Edge again. It's a secret he kept for nine long years for himself.
So, the spark was stil, there, the love never change. They only need to find a way to each other this time, to build their dreams together.
This is a low angst, sweet and adorable story.
The way Edge interacted with Emma was adorable. Because...well...find it yourself.
Overall, this one was not disappointed, I liked it a lot. So, I think I can recommend this for a light read for you who like family's story. Sweet.

* I received the ARC from Dreamspinner Press in exchange of an honest and unbiased review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment