Saturday 29 July 2017

ARC REVIEW (Spoiler free) : Rule Breaker by Lily Morton

35826972 


Is it really wrong to want to murder your boss?

Dylan has worked for Gabe for two years. Two long years of sarcastic comments. Two long years of insults, and having to redo the coffee pot four times in the mornings to meet his exacting standards.

Not surprisingly he has devoted a lot of time to increasingly inventive ways to murder Gabe. From stabbing him with a cake fork, to garrotting him with his expensive tie, Dylan has thought of everything.

However, a chance encounter opens his eyes to the attraction that has always lain between them, concealed by the layers of antipathy. There are only two problems - Gabe is still a bastard, and he makes wedding planners look like hardened pessimists.

But what happens when Dylan starts to see the real Gabe? What happens when he starts to fall in love with the warm, wary man that he sees glimpses of as the days pass?

Because Gabe is still the same commitment shy, cold man that he’s always been, or is he? Has Dylan had the same effect on Gabe, and has his solid gold rule of no commitment finally been broken? With his heart taken Dylan desperately needs to know, but will he get hurt trying to find the answers?

From the author of ‘The Summer of Us’ comes another scorchingly hot romantic comedy, showing what happens between two men when rules get broken.
Rule Breaker









Rule Breaker by Lily Morton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Sometimes, along the way your reading history, you will stumbled to that one book that you have no idea what you'll find. Sometimes, it's what's she/he's name author you've never heard of, read their book and hooked.
That was what happened to me with this book. I never heard of this author before, and I blindly read this book.
And I'm hooked since the first email ( I really loved the emails between Gabe and Dylan and a beginning of every chapter).
If you read this book (you must!), you'll be like me I suppose. You know, that you'll want desperately to punch Gabe, like all the time want to punch him in the face kind of want. But in the end, he's the one you'll desperately want to hold and love. Sigh.
To say I'm in love with this book, especially Gabe and Dylan, is understatement. I'm obsessed.
This book is so good, I didn't even realized (considering the length), I didn't do my usual skimming during sex scenes.
I enjoyed every words, every journey that Gabe and Dylan took to find that they're meant to be together. I smile, laugh, angry, angry, angry, blushed, cry, angry, and ended loving it.
Lily Morton did something amazing with this book. I never once bored reading this story(which very often and easily distracted).
This book is one of the best book I have ever read this year, and I will definitely revisit this again.
Oh how I miss Gabe and Dylan already.
This book is sexy, and even the love making is sexy :)
I believe I need Jude (that awesome friend of Dylan) and Henry's story in a very near future!
Highly recommended.
You need this book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment