Thursday 16 August 2018

ARC REVIEW : Priest (Confessions #3) by Ella Frank

37664469 

I am complex.
My love is all-encompassing.
And when it comes to my heart, there is only one rule:
Don’t mess with what’s mine.

Until the age of seven, I was Joel Alexander Donovan, son of Jimmy. The man who terrorized a town and made its citizens fear the very ground he walked on. Including me, the day I realized that ground ran red with blood.

At age eighteen, I became Priest.
A man without a past.
A man determined to right the wrongs of my father.
A man who never believed anyone could love the son of such a monster.

But then a thief stole my heart.
A sweetheart lit up my world.
And I forgot for a moment you should never turn your back on your enemy.

And thus begins a lesson to those who would seek to harm: Never underestimate what the Priest will do to protect the Princess and the Prick.




  Priest (Confessions, #3)Priest by Ella Frank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"My love is a burden. It's heavy. Too heavy."


Confessions : Honestly, I was skeptical about this third installment, since I didn't really love the previous, Julien. But was I wrong doubted that Priest would be as the same as Julien.
It was a slow patch after 60% mark, the usual, sex and all (don't doubt Ella for this. Not ever.), but then when I'm not expected any 'surprises' in this book, then Ella came with a boom! Plot twist!

Gosh, the last 40% of this book was so intense, I held my breath and can't manage to sleep. The last 40& was a page turner, it was tense. Real tense.
And then, we met Henri, Priest ex. I didn't really pay attention about him in the previous book, then he's just appeared and then made me worry. Who is he really, what's his part of Priest past life.
I was 'jealous' like Robbie at first, but don't worry, since I loved the idea that Henri called Robbie 'bright eyes', I'm kinda smitten a little bit about him.

And as the plot twist...I wouldn't tell you...

...then while I know there's one more of this series, I can't wait for Henri's story... Hurry up, Ella!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment