Sunday 22 September 2019

RECOMMENDED READ! ARC REVIEW : Tallowwood by N.R. Walker

47997473. sy475  

Cold cases, murder, lies, and an unimaginable truth.

Sydney detective August Shaw has spent the last decade of work solving cold cases. Since the death of his boyfriend eight years ago, August works alone, lives alone, is alone — and that’s exactly how he likes it. His work is his entire life, and he’s convinced a string of unsolved cold-case suicides are linked to what could be Australia’s worst ever serial killer. Problem is, no one believes him.

Senior Constable Jacob Porter loves his life in the small town of Tallowwood in the middle of the rainforests in northern New South Wales. He runs summer camps for the local Indigenous kids, plays rugby with his mates, has a close family, and he’s the local LGBTQIA+ Liaison and the Indigenous Liaison Officer.

When human remains are found in the camping grounds at Tallowwood Reserve, Jake’s new case turns out to be linked to August’s cold cases, and Jake agrees they’re not suicides at all. With Jacob now firmly in August’s corner, they face one hurdle after another, even when more remains are found, they still can’t seem to gain ground.

But when the body of a fellow police officer turns up under the same MO, it can’t be ignored anymore. August and Jake must trace the untraceable before the killer takes his next victim or before he stops one of them, permanently.





  TallowwoodTallowwood by N.R. Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


WOW! THIS BOOK! I CAN SAY THIS ONE WAS THE BEST OF NIC WALKER SO FAR!.

I was hooked since the first chapter, loving every minutes following Jake and August's journey of solving a mystery. Not just a mystery, but one with a very personal intact.
I have no words how to described this gem, it was just I was mesmerized by Nic Walker's writing this time, more that any other books she had written.
I was just cannot put this book down, and upset when work interrupted it.

Tallowwood was a fast paced, intense, and stole my breath away.


Been slumped with some unresolved cold cases, with minimum support from his superiors, August working alone trying to find out who murdered his loved ones eight years ago, Christopher. The case closed with one conclusion, 'suicide' .
But August knew Christopher and he knew that Christopher didn't kill himself, it was murder. As many cases he'd been working on, with the same patterns.
Until Jake called him and asked him for help to solved one case in Tallowwood.
Many layers opened one by one, until they found out the real reason, and the murderer started to worried and needed to stop Jake and August.

Reading this, was like looking back at what I enjoyed back then when I red and savored murder and mystery books, and Nic Walker just like wrote this book for me, for my personal enjoyment.
Reading Tallowwood was like coming home.

And I was glad I was given the book for an advance reading. Jake and August has easily become my favorite couple, and this book will stay with me for a long time. Because, Tallowwood is definitely one of those book I will read again, and again, and praise the author for writing a brilliant book (with a romance) in it.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment