Friday 9 December 2016

ARC Review : Love and Snowball Fights by J.R. Loveless

33098177 

Lane Freeman supposed there were worse places to be dumped than a place named Christmas Valley. After being ejected from the foster care system, he spent the past five years hitchhiking and moving around. But six months of a steady job at Tal’s Bar and Grill, an apartment, and even a three-legged cat have him almost ready to risk putting down a few roots when Tal’s brother comes home for the holidays.

Dallas firefighter Trey Jenkins reluctantly accepts that Lane isn’t like the other drifters who’ve come through his brother’s place. A fragile attraction begins to bloom between them in spite of the many reasons they each have to fight it. Trey wants to give Lane a family, but experience has taught Lane to depend on no one but himself. Will winter love burn hot in the town called Christmas Valley or will Lane return to his wandering ways?

Love and Snowball FightsLove and Snowball Fights by J.R. Loveless
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Lovely .... *sighing happily*


I remember those good ol' day when I feel my story is something worth reading for.
I felt the same way about this book. The chemistry with (once a bully) Trey and Lane was built from the start.
The way Lane reacted to Trey were strong but he denied that because, you know, it's not easy loving someone just to have to lose them again.
Lane didn't want it to happen. But Trey is one determined guy, he broke his promise to Lane so many times not to touch him, not that I'm complained...and this words from Trey was kinda aww-ing sweet....
""I want to do what you asked of me, to keep my hands to myself, but you make it so hard by being so damn beautiful"

Who can resist such words? Not Lane, not me, not everyone of you I assume...

This is a sweet holiday story with holiday spirit, with a little beliefs that long distance relationship could work out.
I loved how it ended, at least part of it, don't worry, they have their HEA and I'm happy.
My only complain is, the little twist right at the end of the story, I don't think Trey and Lane needed it. But, I'm glad everything's okay in the end.



* I received the ARC from Dreamspinner Press for an honest and fair review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment