Thursday 20 July 2017

ARC REVIEW : Smitty's Sheriff (Hope #3) by Cardeno C.

35447311 


Todd is too flakey. Richard is too stubborn. Together, they're perfect. A May-December couple get a second chance at love.

Retired soldier Richard Davis wants a stable life in a quiet town with a forever man. Becoming the sheriff of Hope, Arizona, accomplishes two of his three goals, but instead of finding a serious partner, he falls for too-young-to-be-committed and too-flakey-to-be-serious Todd Smitty. Richard won’t find the right man if he’s obsessed with the wrong one, so he walks away from Todd.

It’s lust at first sight when Todd meets his sister’s army friend. He sets his sights on the worldly, strong, stable older man, and the more time he spends with Richard, the harder he falls. But after three years together, Richard cuts off all contact with no explanation.

When a mutual obligation requires Todd to move into Richard’s house, he’s thrilled at the opportunity to earn a second chance. Ignoring Todd from across town was hard enough. Can Richard resist temptation under his own roof?
Smitty's Sheriff (Hope, #3)Smitty's Sheriff by Cardeno C.
My rating: 2 of 5 stars








It pained me to give only two starts for CC's book.
But what can I say? From the first time I read about Rich, I didn't like him. He's too judgmental for my taste and Todd on the other hand, a clueless, doormat and a cheater (three years as a booty call for Rich and he's sleeping with others too, not that i can blame him. Richard made him believe that it was just sex.).
I have no idea why did Todd can put up with Rich for so long. No communications for three years is a disaster, don't you think?
I mean, come on...when you (sex) partner looked down at you and didn't make any move to make commitment, would you just stay for him for that long? Not in my world.
But, once again, Todd is a doormat, he took anything Richard's offered. Both main characters are hard to like.
This is almost a no angst short story, but this is CC's book. You should read this one.
You can always blame me for my rating.

*I read it on the plane, so probably it's the plane, not the book. :)*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment