Thursday 3 August 2017

REVIEW : Fire and Fog (Carlisle Cops #6) by Andrew Grey

35006033 


Carlisle police officer Dwayne knows what Robin is doing the moment he lays eyes on the young man at Bronco’s club. But he doesn’t know that they both come from families who’ve cast them out for being gay, or that they’re still lugging around the pain of those rejections. Robin leaves the club, and soon after Dwayne decides to as well—and is close by when things between Robin and his client turn violent.

When Dwayne finds out Robin is the victim of a scam, which lost him his apartment, he can’t leave Robin to fend for himself on the streets. Despite Dwayne’s offer of help and even opening up his home, it’s hard for Robin to trust anything good. The friendship between them grows, and just as the two men start warming up to each other, Robin’s sister passes away, naming Robin to care for her son. Worse yet, their pasts creep back in to tear down the family and sense of belonging both of them long for.
Fire and Fog (Carlisle Cops, #6) 



Fire and Fog by Andrew Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm not a fan of all Carlisle Cops series, but this one is more bearable to me. I liked Dwayne way much better than Robin. Oh, I know, being young and all, and making abd decision and add shitty parents to the mix.
Robin need to be 'more' for Dwayne, imo. I felt sorry for Robin's past, good thing is he met Dwayne before everything's getting worse. And Dwayne is being Dwayne, he's the right one for Robin, now and in the future.
Not like the first book, even Robin went straight away living with Dwayne, the 'L' word took time, and I liked that.
I was kinda enjoyed this book and I think Robin and Dwayne are more solid that any of others in the series.
I liked the ending, it was so promising.
So yeah, if you're a fan of this series, I think this one is going to be your favorite.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment