Wednesday 29 November 2017

ARC REVIEW : Getting His Man (Getting His Man #1) by B.G. Thomas

36519634 

A love story worthy of an old movie… with a new twist.

Artie needs a hero, a man like those he’s always revered in Golden Age films. His drug-dealing jerk of a roommate got him arrested, and since his savior isn’t likely to sweep in and save the day, Artie calls a bail bondsman.

August has always imagined himself a hero from a black-and-white movie, but he’s never found a man willing to let him play that role—at least not until he gets the call from Artie.

Both of their dreams might come true, but not before August must use his skills as a bounty hunter as well as a bondsman. Artie is on the run for his life, and August must protect him and help him clear his name. Only then can they both finally get their man.



Getting His Man (Getting His Man, #1)Getting His Man by B.G. Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Written in a playful way, this is a fun read for me. I was skeptical at first, but Artie is so damn cute and clueless, and I loved August's tendencies to 'protect' him, right from the first time they had met.
This actually not my typical book I craved, but I surprisingly enjoyed it a lot. I read it in one sitting, because, curious about what will happen to Artie and August after August bailed him that day.

There's no/less angst, just some 'scenes' happened along the way, and I knew it will happened eventually.
But August is a strong willed man, and he wanted Artie. Artie on the other side, with all 'I don't want anything happen to August', is a little annoying...but again, August didn't mind at all.
This is a fun story to enjoy, better on weekend if you're not into a 'heavy' book on your leisure time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment