Monday 24 September 2018

ARC REVIEW : James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #5) by Felice Stevens

41579626 

It's time to travel with James and Malcolm through their twenty year history as they battle each other and struggle to hold on to a lifetime of secrets.
James
Never good enough.
Not the real son.
I will prove him wrong—prove everyone wrong.
I am someone.
I will succeed.
I don’t need my brother to help me.
I don't need anyone.
My enemy holds my secret.
He teases me.
Taunts me.
Follows me with his eyes.
Our hot, angry kisses keep me up at night.
I don’t want him.
I hate him.
But I can’t stop thinking about him.
That there's more to him
I want to discover him.
The truth is unexpected.
My enemy might not only be my friend but the love I never thought to have.

Malcolm
Live, love, laugh.
Life is too short to worry when you don’t know how long you’ve got.
I want every day to be my best.
Like it’s my last.
My friends see what I let them.
Not the real me.
Only one man has ever crawled beneath my skin.
He drives me crazy.
Makes me wild.
Makes me care.
A night of bad decisions changes the course of my life.
Everything I've known no longer makes sense.
My enemy now stands by my side.
I’m no longer running.
I want to stay.
I want a future.
Hate has changed to something new and wonderful.
Something terrifying.
Uncontrollable.
Love.




  James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #5)James—Uncontrollable by Felice Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I guess we don’t choose who we fall in love with. Sometimes it happens and we have no control"


Why there's only five stars on Goodreads while all I wanna do is giving James and Malcolm all the stars? WHY???

JAMES



MALCOLM




James is hands-down my favorite story of this series along with Austin, Rhoades, Frankie, Cort :)
Um, to think again, I loved all the book in the series and cannot recommend you enough to read the whole series (in order).
Side note : this book cannot read as a stand alone.

I used to be curious about Malcolm, Rhoades best friend that James hated so much from the beginning of this series. I know that there's something between them, their own story that no one, not even Rhoades knew.
Knowing James, and his heartbreaking story was hard, Felice took us back in time, to twenty years before today, to get to know what happened back then that made James he is now.
I cried for little James, for he's the one who had to suffered from adult selfishness, and then when his hope slowly faded after he met Rhoades from the first time.
I wanted to hold him and said it's okay, you have me :(
Rhoades, as a half brother didn't make it better, and I cannot blamed him as well, for the shocked he received that day.
Mal was there too, from day one James came into his father and Rhoades life. But he's Rhoades best friend, and he never felt more alone in his his life that day.
James was a broken boy.

" I'll never love them. I don't need them, I don't need anybody"


But then slowly Mal came into his life more often and (like Felice said), annoying like a mosquito. James hated that.
But James never knew, that all this time, Mal has always took his side, but didn't know how to make James believed in him.

"Finding james tonight so lost and vulnerable yet pretending to have a hard, invicible cell broke my heart"


But the slowly, Mal peeled that shell once at the time, and the real James he's dying to see, came to his sight and he intended to stay this time, and make James his. For good.

“I’ve been watching you forever. From a heartbroken kid who showed up out of nowhere to the man who stops my heart whenever he walks into the room. No matter how we fought and hated and tormented each other, there was always this inevitable, uncontrollable force between us.”


I had so many feeling while reading this book, one most anticipated book this year, and Felice surely never failed to amazed me with he writing, and I can't hate Mal or James for their annoyingly stubborn act, but to love them unconditionally.
Another winner from Felice Stevens that you don't want to miss!
Highly recommended!



Note : pictures are courtesy of the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment