Friday 14 September 2018

ARC REVIEW; Lucky by Garrett Leigh

41100114 


BLURB

Dominic Ramos is a Premiership football player with a secret. There are no trophies for being gay in his game. Locked into his rep as the meanest defender on the pitch, keeping his secret is soul-crushing, but love has no place in his sport, even if his soft heart craves it.

Lucky Coleman is on his knees when he meets a man with more money than sense. It’s a Grindr hook-up for cash, not a love match, but dreaming of his desperate, kind eyes earns a place amongst his numerous bad habits.

Meeting once was risky, twice pushes Dom’s courage to the limit. Losing Lucky seems inevitable, but his tight grip on his image counts for nothing when Lucky starts to fall.

Catching him could cost Dom everything, but if he can set his heart free, getting Lucky long term might be a risk worth taking.


REVIEW

  LuckyLucky by Garrett Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My heart ache for Lucky.

Met in a hook up apps (as usual), Lucky and Dom had an unusual first encounter and they keep going hooking up, on and off considering that Dom is a famous person and in the closet.
I had so many times paused while reading this book, feeling hurt for him. He's not even having a really bad past like some of the 'hard books' Garrett wrote. But Lucky crept into my heart and stayed there. Lucky is a beautiful story, both Lucky and Dom are having their own issues to solve.

I can't blame Lucky for what he did in the past, and how he did what he did to survive in a gritty world of England. And still amazed how sport life is still homophobic, especially in a football field.
While I thought that I was done with closeted case, the Dom came with his complicated life.
But Lucky (my hart's still hurt), has his pride, though he can 'use' Dom's fame and money to gain a quality in his miserable life, he didn't.
I always love reading Garrett's stories, and I can say, Lucky has a special place in my heart, and will stay there for a long time.

My problem with the book I loved and a really great book, is I always speechless. And don't know what to write :)
This book broke my heart, but Garrett put it back all over again. I'm glad that Lucky and Dom finally decided that nothing is more valuable than their life and happiness. They're both did it gracefully :)
Cannot wait for the second installment about Cash.

I can't recommend you enough to read this book! I loved it so much!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment