Thursday 12 January 2017

ARC REVIEW : Reunited (Ryder and Jason's story continued) by Felice Stevens (

32861627 

Ryder Daniels and Jason Mallory seem to have it all but even the most loving marriage takes work. Ryder's past leads him to remain silent yet resentful in the face of conflict while Jason strives to prove he can take care of his family without Ryder's wealth, even if it costs him precious time with his husband and daughter.

When a devastating illness leaves them shaken and helpless, Ryder is forced to face the one person he never thought to see again with a life or death request that even he isn't sure will be granted, but his decisions have far-reaching consequences. Believing he and Ryder have no secrets, Jason is distraught to discover otherwise, revealing yet another crack in their once-perfect relationship.

Adrift and uncertain, both struggle to hold onto a love previously thought unshakeable. A forbidden past is exposed, shocking Ryder to the core, but it means little without Jason by his side. Marriage is a partnership and both men must learn that only by working through their pain and heartbreak together can they achieve a lifetime of love.
Reunited (Ryder and Jason's story continued)Reunited by Felice Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


*** 5 stars!***

""Now here I am, back again, stuck spinning my wheels in the mud, unable to move. Scared to death this time. But I never stopped needing you. I never will.""


A few months back when Felice Stevens gave us hints that there's gonna be a sequel for Rescued, honestly, I was freaking out.
I mean, these guys have their HEA already! What are you going to do revisiting and ripped their HEA again?
And Felice just didn't care (evil woman!). And she came with the story my obvious weakness... A child!
Damn.

And when 'suddenly' this book just dropped onto my hand, I need more coffee to calm down. Yeah, I'm cranky with no coffee.
So, I revisited Ryder and Jason and their four year old daughter, Gemma. After five years of their marriage.

The twist right there from the start, punching my gut and the cry fest started.
I tried not to give you any spoilers if possible, so this review won't include the story.
But a little hints of Jason and Ryder relationship won't hurt. They're my first love of Felice's boys, before I met Micah (ehem), and I didn't want Felice messing up with their life.. I made it clear that no cheating will allowed in my books. And I was glad, that Ryder and Jason as strong as they were in the beginning.
Of course there's never be always rainbow and flowers in marriage. And I think, after some crying (me, and Jason and Ryder), they're okay after all. With the family's love, and one big surprise on Ryder's side.
This is mostly about family, and how we cannot life our life alone without their love, and how much we need family support, whatever we want it or not. Family is there to support you.

I think this one of Felice's best and I'm glad I can read it right when I need some tears detox.
You won't escape the tears when you reading this, but it's all worth it.
Thanks Felice, keep on writing!


* I received the ARC from the author with no expectation to write a review or a high rating upon the ARC received. I'll still write in my blog near the release date.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment