Thursday 23 February 2017

ARC REVIEW : Ringo and the Sunshine Police by Nick Wilgus

33980777
 
Thomas, an older gay musician living in a small Southern town, is ready to start a family. He fosters Jeremy, a special needs boy with no arms, and teaches him to play the drums so Jeremy can realize his potential to do anything he wants. Though it takes time, Thomas’s closeted boyfriend Randy steps out of the shadows to be part of what Thomas is working to build. With the advent of marriage equality, it’s a different world in the Deep South—one where the three of them have the chance to be a family.

Yet no one said it would be easy, and they soon learn the foster care system is far from perfect.

Just as Jeremy begins to settle in and thrive, his biological father reappears, demanding custody. Thomas and Randy know the man is unfit to care for Jeremy, but the law says otherwise. It seems they’re the only ones looking out for Jeremy’s best interests, and they face an uphill battle if they want to keep their new family together.
Ringo and the Sunshine PoliceRingo and the Sunshine Police by Nick Wilgus



This is my first Nick Wilgus book. And while I thought books with kids are usually cute, this one's not too cute. It's a heart breaking book.
See, I have weakness with kids in general. That's why I didn't take Pediatrics, I took Family Medicine instead. I can't bare seeing kids in pain, and I always cry every time I was in Children section. Not supposed to be a doctor in a first place, at all.

Back to this book. Gosh!
It's hard 'seeing' how much Jeremy had been through to his life, and how much I hate 'law'!
Kids don't need law, kids need love!
Poor Jeremy must going through that in his very young age.
I've lost words. I didn't even care about the romance. This is not romance. IMO.

I want to give this one five stars, but I can't. Even in books kids need a little mercy.
I admit that I can't put this book down (I don't know it's good or not), because I was too curious of what would happen to Jeremy.
I want to give this book one star, but it wouldn't be fair.
Did I enjoy this book? No. I was hurt.
Did I hate this book? No. The writing is good, the story is good.
So, where's my position? I'll leave this story no star. Sorry.

I'm still considering.... I'm still loading...

.....

.....

.....


* ARC provided by Dreamspinner Press for a fair and unbiased review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment