Monday 13 February 2017

ARC REVIEW : Strays (Urban Soul #2) by Garrett Leigh

32705576 

BLURB :

Work, sleep, work, repeat. Nero’s lonely life suits him just fine until his best friend, Cass, asks him to take on a new apprentice—a beautiful young man who’s never set foot in a professional kitchen. Despite his irritation and his lifelong ability to shut the world out, Nero is mesmerised by the vibrant stray, especially when he learns what drove him to seek sanctuary on Nero’s battered old couch.

Lenny Mitchell is living under a cloud of fear. Pursued by a stalker, he has nowhere left to run until Nero offers him a port in a storm—a job at the hottest restaurant in Shepherd's Bush. Kitchen life proves heady and addictive, and it’s not long before he finds himself falling hard and fast for the man who has taken him in.

Fast-forward a month and a neither man can imagine life without the other, but one thing stands in their way: a lifetime of horrors Nero can’t bring himself to share with Lenny. Or can he? For the first time ever, happiness is there for the taking, and Nero must learn to embrace it before fate steps in and rips it away.




REVIEW :


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm living in a Garrett Leigh world. Her story are always like an addiction to me. I need Garrett's boys in my life, and today, Strays dropped onto my hand and I was giddy to start.
Nero is what I expected him to be. I'd already curious about him in Mischief and what kind of 'relationship' he had with Cass before Cass found his HEA with Jake and Tom.
My mysterious man seemed to be having so much burden in the past.
But I'm too familiar with Garrett's books...

Strays somehow, not as dark and too sad like her books I have reading the past, kinda sweet with a touch of Garrett's special style, angst.
I was glad I can read again about Tom, Cass and my Jake. They're definitely have a big part in Nero and Lenny's life.
It's a slow burn between Lenny and Nero, with Nero's grumpy manners and Lenny did his best to make him 'open' for him.

It was cute knowing that after Lenny entered his life, Nero couldn't stand not seeing Lenny even for a few hours. Actually, that was the most adorable thing from Nero.
He's protective of Lenny. Don't hurt Lenny, or you'll answer to Nero. Ha!
Just my kind of guy. Goals!

This is the second installment of Misfits, and I hope I can read more of this series...The characters are intriguing and interesting. Flawed, imperfect but yet perfect for each other.
Well done Garrett.

Highly recommended!

* I received the ARC from Riptide Publishing through Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment