Wednesday 5 April 2017

ARC REVIEW : From War to Forever (War Trilogy #1) by Andria Large

34672892 

2nd Edition

Dennis

The love of my life is dead. Is there a reason to live anymore?

I’m a veteran Marine. Terrorists took not only my foot, but also my wife. Recurrent nightmares, a dead-end job, and a painful limp are all I have left. My best friend, Tucker, and my sister, Lizette, keep me afloat. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Tucker… literally. And then, out of nowhere, there are these feelings. The kind I haven’t felt in years. The kind I’m not sure I can handle, or even want to. But they’ve started wrapping around my broken heart, trying to mend it. Only they are not for a woman, but for the man suddenly sharing my bed. I’m not so sure I’m ready to give love another go.

Tucker

The war took my hearing, but I’m alive. Many of my friends are not. I am building a life with my best friend, Dennis. We have become practically inseparable. And now, we are more than friends. I’ve never had feelings like these for a man. My parents, my brother, my buddy, Duke—will they understand how I feel about Dennis? Can I risk losing my family?

First Edition published as At War by KDP Select, 2015.
From War to ForeverFrom War to Forever by Andria Large
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Second edition by Dreamspinner Press
This is book 1 - 3 of the series, so I didn't read the series partly. It's good because I read some reader ranting about book two.

You what they say about first time gay a.k.a GFY right? Either it's hot or wrong.
This one thankfully, is very hot with lot's of stories of pain between the two best friends.
For four years living together, they're finally found the comfort in each other's arms. Some questions made, some confusing and denials, but they're obviously been in love for each other for long just didn't realized it.
Losing someone you love in front of your eyes add some lifetime traumatized moment you can 'never' forget is huge. But Dennis have Tucker who's there for him in time of pain and hurt.
With an additional Duke (oh I liked this guy), they become one team outside the army.
The true conflict is between Dennis and Tucker. Some stupid decisions made, glad there's Duke as a buffer between them.
This is a story about acceptance, forgive yourself, guilt and redemption of the two men with PTSD.
they're struggled each and everyday of their life not to break, and hang on to each other for strength.
Sad, but there's also a lot of sexy times and loud moments ;) (Duke cannot stand them, of course).
I enjoyed this book, and I hope you'll like this as much as I did, or more!

* ARC provided by Dreamspinner Press for a fair and unbiased review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment